Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Friday, August 06, 2004

me and my bad mammory... but we all forget things... I have my paper that I jot down things that I hear on my calls and base some of my stories on ... (because I can never remember anything unless I've heard it a million times) so I have a couple great stories (that some have already heard) but they go a bit like this.....

picture talking to a PC illiterate (as they like to put it) and you say a specific task.. like click on the icon dial up networking please.... well what if they heard it wrong.... way wrong.... the gentleman asked me ... so you want me to click on dial up not working??... yeah that's right sir yewr dial up is just not working.... you better get it fixed.....

how about ..... I"m helping a lady with her connection... she can't sign into our software... and steps require us to update her passport information (not really but it's a good test of some issues ... so we come to the spot where she has to enter her time zone... and not missing a beat she inquires to the gentleman sitting beside her saying ... I'm not sure.. one second please.... are we in central time zone?? to which he replies.... hhmmm no I dont think so.. nope were not in there... we are in daylight savings time... well I just about fell outta my chair.. that was soo great... priceless....

but anyway it's even better from some of our agents..... I happened to be in a higher level of support and a call comes in from one of our agents saying that they just cannot sign in... they've done all these steps and it just doesn't seem to be working.... I get introduced (amazingly cause most of them dont) and it begins.... I ask the lady a few introductory questions like how long has it been happening and this that and the other thing.... then I ask her... what do yew see on your screen?.... she replies well I see the member center.... I'm like huh? I thought this lady couldn't connect... so I asked her to click on the home button up top... she gets the homepage... this is quite remarkable for someone that cannot connect.... so we click on mail and more.... it works just fine to..... so I ask her... well your connected what would you like me to do?? she says she's not connected that she's had so much troubles that she needs to be fixed.... I say scuse me but yew just brought up the homepage.. your getting your email.... your connected .. your fixed there's nothing more I can do.... she's like oh.... well that last guy told me I wasn't and it would take a few more things to get me fixed.... well I guess we just did em thanks for calling... hang up now thank you.... but thanks for jumping me in the que... I coulda gotten a really rotten call I spose.....

I love the customers that dont want to listen to us.... we are the proffesionals.. they called us to get their issue resolved after all.... if they dont want our advice.. why call?? so this lady is having major issues with her computer and I ask have yew restarted your computer.. she replies no.... I reply that would be the first thing I would try... lets go ahead and do that.... well it was a war.... I'm not restarting my computer.... I ask why??? she replies that she has this game that it saves her information and if she restarts the computer the information is gone..... she has this unbelievable high score that she needs to keep so she can keep playing and make the score higher.... I'm thinking to myself who is going to see this score that your building up? if the software doesn't save the score when you shut it down.. it sure as hell doesn't have an option to send it online..... what is the point of this stupidness..... so I suggest a couple other things and say if they dont work you will have to restart your computer... I'm not doing that there's gotta be some other way she says...... so I thanked her for calling as well and enjoy your gamefull day.... I mean gainfull day lol.....

and in closing (for this display of nonsense).... it's always better when the customers say something that gives ya a chuckle while on the call.... I've heard some analogies of different pieces of software but this one is the best I've ever heard..... I'm describing different options to a customer and he's picking up the pieces and moving on .... when I described that msn uses internet explorer to do everything.. he says sooo.... msn is like the internet explorer (IE) ... only it's IE on steroids??? I gave a chuckle and thought to myself... well more like IE on crack.. but we'll let yew think that because yew pay for the service... enjoy yewr day.........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com