Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

there are so many things that are amazing to me.... one of which happened to me today..... now I know how horrible it is to have difficulties with language barriers.... but even worse... lets talk about accents.... now it's my personal opinion that the most difficult accent to work with is Oriental...... that being said..... I dont mean every Oriental accent... just people that are plain stupid and dont try to understand.... I mean I have an amazing ability to have patience even though I am totally losing it.... anyone that has seen me on a call knows what I'm talking about... I had an example call today... actually a few of them but this one will pertain more to my story......

so I have the call.. the woman says to me .... gosh.. I was just talking to India..... it is so difficult to understand them... why do they keep having the calls go there... I wish they would stop that..... ok so we have all heard this before or said it or some form of nonsense pertaining to this.... anyway what makes this entirely different was the fact that this woman had a thicker accent than most of the people I've ever talked to from India customer service.......... sheesh the nerve of some people.... what makes this even worse was that I had to explain to this woman the intricate features of a complicated piece of software......

here's the thing..... when your talking to someone and you have to repeat it .... it could be a hearing thing.... but when you say something and they say they understand but then ask the question again 5 minutes later.... what does that fall under....

the problem.... the lady was having a problem with what is called a circular reference..... this is when you have formulas pointing to each other in Excel.... dont understand??? neither did she... so I showed an example.....

in cell A1 the formula =A2 ... .which means that cell A1 equals whatever is in cell A2..... easy? I thought so.... now.... in cell A2 is =A3.... and in cell A3 is =A1...... now that means that A1 is equal to what is in A2 and A2 is equal to what is in A3 and A3 is equal to A1...... this my studious people is a circular reference..... meaning that the cells would basicly reffer back to each other.... it's not good practice unless you wanted an infinate calculation.... which is quite useless for most calculations....... (it seems that when I tried to explain this to theh g/f she didn't catch on either.... hhmmm oh well

so now that I've bored you to death back to the point..... the explanation is quite easy to understand but when you just say yes I understand even though you dont.... it just defeats the purpose.... especially when you are on the other end of the phone to me and keep asking the question over and over again..... and I thought the days of stupidity were gone..... Mac people know how to use the computer.... what a crock... they forgot to mention the people that bought the mac because of either it's reputation or that they thought the damned thing was really pretty.... sheesh get a life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com