Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

after landing in Calgary I had about a half hour wait for my dad.... so I decided to go on a tour.... I asked some security dude where I could get something to eat.... him being very thoughtful noticing I am carrying large luggage suggested I get a cart and take the elevator to the 3rd floor and visit the food court (yes the airport was very large) I took a look around at the different choices and settled for taco's (I'm a sucker for soft taco's) after chowing down I headed to the front of the building.... the entrance has a long corridor for taxi's and such... even a bus terminal (which is not out of the ordinary unless your from cape breton) I grabbed a bench and began to watch the comings and goings of the many different types of people.... the most noticible were the turban wearing super bearded taxi drivers.... one of them even honked his horn and shook his fist at someone... it was quite entertaining....

dad showed up in my new car... now he gets out and we do the whole greeting thing and he says ... so your driving right.... keep in mind I have been up for aprox 24 hours at this time with the exception of a cat nap at roomies place...... we pile in the car and I drive the scenic 3 hour drive to his place.... he decides to show me the surrounding area on the way home.... I'm not bothered it was great seeing farm land beyond farm land again..... on the way out of the Calgary area you could actually see the mountains from there..... but again the further away you got.. you could still see them.. just not as big.... the picture to the left is a closer view of the mountains you can see from the farm and along the way.... very nice.... I was impressed....

so my dad lives on a farm... yes you can smell the various fumes of cow from the surrounding area and the occasional truck that motors by.... but it is very peaceful and I enjoyed my time there.... to the right is a picture of I spose a typical sunset on the farm.... I can't wait to go back

along the way it is not unusual to see deer in the fields.... I saw many of them while travelling around the area.... generally there are two at a time.... I recall seeing a group of 5 or so at night on the way to through the mountains... (I'll come back to this when I get to the ski trip story)
something else that seems to happen to me during my travels is seeing strange sites.... I found it unusual that a dood was riding a bike down the highway with a trailor attached to it.... and inside the trailer.... two dogs.... they were just sittin there with tongues hangin out.... enjoying the fresh air and cheap travel ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com