Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I love going to new places.... being in alberta I have found a large range of places to visit.... some of them are quite the same as others but my love for climbing things will be well used in this area.... this weekend found me and the crew (dad, his girlfriend and her kids and kids friends) visiting a place called waterton.... it's a beach resort place that has many lakes filled by glacier water (extremely cold lol) and at one part there was a fantastic waterfall... it wasn't quite as nice as niagra but it was still thrilling just the same... we visited the welcome center to see what we could do while we were in town ... at the entrance of the welcome center is a sign that shows a map of the area... above the sign is something that I will remember for quite some time.... the sign says "bears Hump" ... this by itself may not be funny but I can now tell people that I went to see bears.. 'hump'.... perhaps I shouldn't tell people this but then I would have one less funny story to tell.... after the welcome center we all split up .. the girls rented a 3 seater bike and toured around the area... I ended up walking the dog all over... at two different times an old guy stated " who's walking who??" the first guy that said it I replied with .. "sometimes I wonder".... the second I dont remember what I said but I was a bit preturbed that I was being reffered to as a dog lol so I may have been short with him... oh well..... after an hour or so of wandering we all met back up at a chinese restaraunt.... I had my first helping of squid.... at least it was cooked... it tasted kinda like shrimp so I didn't lose my lunch like my adventure with the sushi....

this trip will also be memorable to me because I was driving in one car with the girls while dad and girlfriend took the other car.... the first half hour or so was met with the girls (all under 15) whining about the music..... they dont like rap or pop music lol... so I caved after I tortured them for a while and let them play thier music.... which turned out to be much worse than mine.... but I laughed and played along.... some hints at what they played..... mr roboto by the stix..... kung fu fighting by carl douglas .. she thinks my trackter's sexy...... but my favourite was by far was funkytown by blondie.... I'm actually adding this one to my playlist because it's so funny.....

my favourite part of the trip will be the canyon we visited... I dont know the name of it but I do know that I will return there someday... the canyon starts off no deeper than maybe 5 feet but the further into the hill you go it is well above 40 feet deep... I managed to climb through the canyon along the bottom for quite a ways... andy the son of dad's girlfriend tried to follow me but just couldn't keep up without getting wet.. it was actually quite dangerous so I told him to turn back while I kept going.... it wasn't till after I got back out of the canyon that I read the warning sign.... (it was hidden further down the way from where I started my journey lol) the sign was warning visiters to enter at own risk (of course) that there was possibility of flash floods or other dangers that are common to rock climbing... all in all I was very thrilled and cannot wait to go back to do it again... I'll most likely camp there when I go back... for now enjoy the pictures... sadly you can't really tell how deep it is from the pictures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com