Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

One of the benefits of having an outdoor job means that when it is raining (such as it is today) I get a day off... sadly I dont get paid of course but it does mean that I dont have to be outside in the pouring rain trying to tack on wire to the side of a house...

yesterday was my first day of actually doing the job on my own.... I was on the top of the house putting the wrap on a gable end.... basicly this means the peak of the house.... anyway we've been on a job for the last 3 days and there wasn't much left to do so we divided ourselves to sections and went about our duties.... our team consists of three people.. myself .. my dad... and another dude... my dad is the proffessional of our team (he came out of retirement to get me into the trade .. which I'm thankfull for) .. I'm the newbie but am learning the ropes quickly (of course) and the other guy... the other guy has been with the company for at least a year and I've already surpassed his level of compentancy... and even better I've been complemented on my abilities.... sooo maybe I'll actually be able to stick with the job past what I origionally anticipated... but another few weeks will tell... course if the other guy can keep the job for past a season.. I'll deffinately be able to do so.... anyway the house got finished yesterday so we move on to the next one... it's apparently 3 story's high so I get to test my abilities in the air this time... and how to use a ladder jack... it should be fun.... not sure if I mentioned already the use of the air compressed staple gun..... what a toy that is... while I was doing the roof area I came accross a section that has extra metal behind it... this makes it difficult for the staplegun to penetrate.... so when I fired the gun the staples bounce off the wall and fling out in every direction... good thing I wear safety goggles.. could lose an eye..... we can't have that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com