Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I know what it feels like to be a redneck.... no my neck isn't sunburned... well it is but that's not why I'm feeling like a redneck..... I may have mentioned the irrigation canals in prior posts... if you dont recall or dont want to look back .... the canals are a system of little rivers to feed water to all the farms of southern alberta.... it's quite a neat setup..... anyway the water happens to flow through the farm.... I joined in the fun of swimming in the cannal.... it was great fun.... especially since the day was super warm..... working outside on some days (especially like yesterday) are not fun..... however the counterbalance would be today... got to work and after a few hours it started to rain.... the rainwater collected on the roof and ran down the side of the building the gathered stuff fell harder than the actual rain so I was drenched in seconds.... being that we were already wet we just kept on working... it was kinda nice actually ... till the rain stopped and the wind picked up.... it just got downright cold after that .......

well over the weekend I had taken a trip to the local lake.... the week before I visited the place but the water was freezing... it was not this weekend.... I actually enjoyed the water... but I enjoyed the sights more.... and this time I'm not even talking about wiminz lol.....

I've arrived in redneck country.... and so now you know why I started this post that way.... the place is called stafford lake and is one of many places to launch boats .... I sat and watched for a bit as boats came and went.... for some odd reason I liked that.... but it was super hot and I was not in the shade so this did not last... I made my way to the beach side... (which isn't far from the launch) as I got closer to the beach side 3 things arose to my attention.... first there were many families around.... lots of kids to be more specific.... a few air rafts and such... second was a couple of nice lookin wiminz..... then there was this older guy in what I will reffer to as redneck attire.... jeans and a t-shirt (man he looked super hot in that getup surrounded by everyone in shorts n such) and a kid in similar fashion beside him.... they were both casting fishing lines off the dock..... I wish I had brought my camera so you could see what I'm describing..... basicly the water is not very deep... surrounding the beach area are a bunch of bobble buoys not tied together and the area itself is maybe 80 meters or less long and 20 meters out... if that.... the people are all swimming around and the dock is in the middle of all this.... these two boneheads are trying to cast in between all the kids.... but nobody is saying anything.... now I'm sitting by the edge of the water when the kid comes off the dock and towards me... he stops in front of me and starts casting... I'm about to freak out when a woman comes down to the shore and starts talking to the kid that he's not allowed to be fishing in the swim area.... (she apparently works in the store at the top of the beach) the dad has dissapeared before the woman came down so the kid had to bear the bad news alone...

now that the weirdos had been removed I began my plunge into the waters.... it felt great... I began to watch the various boats travelling back and forth again... some of them carrying skiiers.. some with super air rafts and such.... it was semi entertaining... of course this was till the king redneck comes along.... picture a bunch of southern alberta people staring out to the waters (including myself) at what appeared to be a bunch of grocery store pallets tied together with a couple of canoes under it..... makeshift raft.... on the top is what made it the super redneck getaway.... the two men that were floating away on this contraption were sitting in lawn chairs.... under what appeared to be a very large beach umbrella.... beside a cooler and a bbq.... tied to the back was a sea-doo.... there was a small outboard metal boat on the top of this raft thing.... and of course no redneck excursion would be complete without bringing along the dog.... I believe I have gone through the twilight zone and landed in a new world..... I'm not sure I will ever recover.... I'm not sure what an ontario born caper redneck looks like but if this keeps up I'll be able to show you .... the weirdos are rubbin off and it is scaring me lolol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com