Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

what a weekend... mostly spent on or in water.... thankfully and half of that was behind the wheel of the boat or with an oar in hand lol... canada day has celebrations of all kinds here and I must say some of the best fireworks I've seen in years.... there wasn't a lot of them like seaside days in dominion back home but there were some of the biggest and loudest I've come accross... I was really impressed.... but maybe it had something to do with the fact that we were in a canoe and the explosions were practically above us... as for the boating... we tied a raft to it and dragged our sorry asses around the lake.. it was quite fun as you can see by the pictures... sadly the motor was having some trouble so I didn't get to show off like the old guy but there is always next week..... maybe even some fishing will be in order... I haven't done that in a supremely long time.... in any event it was a fantastic weekend and end to a very long hot work week but sadly the summer has only just begun... I've been informed that it's only gonna get hotter... great...

well anyway onward with the story from the canoe trip of death... the first thing we needed to do was construct a rack so it would fit on the truck properly and then of course load it... I kinda wish I had brought my camera but with the excitement of tubing earlier in the day someone had taken my camera out of the truck... oh well... we get to the park and drag the canoe accross the road then place it in the lake... after we piled in (with our supplies) it was time to row out to a spot to watch... wouldn't ya know it there is actually two parts to the lake with tunnel bridges but of course the water is far too shallow to make it through so we hop out and portage over the rocks

I haven't been in a canoe in a very long time so I almost forget how easy they tip.... thankfully when stepping in I quickly remember and prevent a deffinate spill.... and rowing... well that came back instantly .. just like riding a bike... and thanks to all the work I've been doing I wasn't winded at all as we went all over the lake (it is kinda big for a city park) ... we proceed on a tour of the lake and after bypassing all the "poor people" on the shore... of course pausing a moment from rowing to wave at the little kids that were waving out to us...

after we went on the tour we settled in our spot and began the wait for the fireworks to start.... it seemed like forever for the sun to go down so we made another tour around the lake... there was a channel on one side with a bridge to a small island... this one we could actually get the canoe through without having to portage... we got part way through when a very nice officer of the law began to demand us to get the boat out of the water.... meanwhile people are taking our pictures lol.. (we were after all the only boat in the lake).... to our question of why the officer suggested we were to close to the detonation place.... well we had moved far away from there by this time so the officer conceded that as long as we were away from there it would be ok.... and this is how I nearly got arrested on canada day lol....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com