Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Friday, October 19, 2007

what a gas.... no I dont mean the seemingly disgusting smelly kind.... I am refferring to karaoke.... resently I have been attending the karaoke scene on wednesdays but only because there is usually a crowd in the bar that day... I normally play pool and laugh at the various craziness that happens .... but this week was different....

I was at the bar talking to the bartender when a lady came over to order a drink... I had met her a few weeks ago and we started talking after which she went back to her table with her friends.... a while later while I was just chilling with a beverage the bartender asked me why I didn't sing.... I dont really have an answer for this.... one of my silly phobias is speaches or as it turns out .. singing in public.... it's actually quite strange because I love to be the center of attention.... but for some reason I get all hot n blushed when I am in that type of situation.... but I must add that this goes away quickly as I get quite comfortable with being in the spotlight......

anyway the lady I had mentioned earlier came back to me to let me know that she had signed me up to sing a duet with her..... I began my poor attempt to talk her out of it but she would not take no for an answer.... so short of leaving the bar I was forced to overcome this silly phobia .......

a few weeks ago the first time I had talked to this lady she had challenged me to a game of pool (because I was playing alone) and since I was just shooting I welcomed the game.... sadly I had creamed the table and she refused to play another.... I mention this because she wanted to get me back for this embarrassement and figured that I would make a fool of myself singing....

she was wrong...

I spose it helped that I really didn't want to get up and sing and kinda mentioned that I probably wouldn't be very good..... luckily for me... she picked a song that I knew ... sorta.... my first couple of notes were sung off key and out of time... but then I recognised the song and shook off the hot red faced feeling then started to actually sing.... it still amazes me how much I can actually do if I try.... there really isn't to much that I cannot do... eventually...

sadly with that being said I may now have to be a karaoke singer with my new found friend... unless of course she is mad that I didn't do terribly lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com