Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I concider myself to be a very good driver. I believe that I may have proven that last night. There was quite the storm in Nova Scotia yesterday resulting in flooding and miserable driving conditions. I took on the adventure of driving from Halifax to Sydney in such conditions. Perhaps I shouldn't have but I am very confident in my abilities, as well as I am quite nutz. Or so I'm told. My poor car doesn't have the best tires on it for snow conditions but amazingly enough they hold the road for water. Well as much as to be expected when your not hydroplaning. I've discovered that hydroplaning is quite fun and exhilarating. This is of course as long as you stay on the road. The radio reported quite a few people not being able to make it up hills or going in the ditch. I didn't see any of them thankfully. I was not the only brave soul on the road however. By far I wasn't the craziest either. There were two frantic drivers that passed me doing in excess of 120kmh. Granted they were driving trucks but that is still a bit crazy, even for me. My excitement was greeted in the early leaving of Halifax. It was extremely dark and I come accross what appeared to be a very large wolf/coyote. Luckily there weren't any other cars near me or one of us would most likely have hit the poor creature.

Crisis averted fortunately. Without any further troubles I reach Cape Breton to find that Townsend Street in Sydney is flooded. Unfortunately I didn't think it was very deep so I drove through the 3 feet deep water. As I get halfway through the river my car starts to slow down and I fear that I will be stuck in the lake. Quickly I gear down and luckily the car keeps going. I notice on the left accross the street from the Steele City (bar/grill) a tow truck is waiting for the poor sucker that gets stuck in the middle. Smart fella I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com