Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Saturday, January 05, 2008

I wish I could say I had a decent story but nothing interesting is going on with life at the moment. I haven't been able to get out to do anything because of lack of constant cash flow. I'm not used to not knowing when my next paycheck will come. This coupled with my car breaking down is not a good combination.

I was out for a drive because of how bored I am, when I tried to shift to 5th something strange happened. The gear wouldn't take and for some reason I was put into 3rd instead. Because of the speed I was travelling my car did not like that at all. I figured I just missed the shift so I tried again. Sadly my poor car shouted at me not to do that again with an over revving engine. I pulled over to the nearest place I could park and tested things out. I had lost 5th and reverse gears. Luckily everything else was ok. I travelled home, but because I couldn't back up, I parked in the neighbours yard.

After making an appointment for my car to be fixed the following day, I had plans that required my car. I was still able to drive I just couldn't use reverse. This is a problem for most people, well ok even me, but I managed just the same. I was able to get around and get stuff done, I even got gas. This is where the story becomes funny.

I pulled into the gas station, parked behind a car ahead of me. This was ok because it was facing the same direction and would most likely be leaving before I was done. This was true but just as I was starting to put gas in, another car pulled in front of me. This guy was facing towards me. Nice one. I finished pumping the gas then headed towards the building to pay. I noticed another car pulling in behind me. Great now what the hell do I do?

After paying for the gas I went out to my seemingly boxed in car. I figured I'd have to wait for bozo ahead of me to back out then I would be able to move. Well at least I would have some music to listen to. Upon walking back to my car I notice that the car behind me is back at least a car length and there are no cars in the lane next to me. Yes the lightbulb goes on. Behind me the parking lot has a decline so it would be easy to back up with a little push. I hopped in the car, took it out of gear and hopped out again. The door is open I begin pushing the car backwards. The station attendant, the guy pumping gas in front of me and the girl in the car behind me all have puzzled looks as my car begins rolling backwards with me outside of it pushing. The car picks up speed as the decline starts so I jump in the car and quickly apply the break. The car behind me still hasn't moved an inch. You'd think that a car rolling backwards towards your car would give a person an idea that they should probably get out of the way. Not that girl. I'm not even sure if she freaked/panic or anything. I started up the car and pulled away ignoring all the strange looks I recieved.

It gets better.

Later in the evening I decided to go to a friends place. Being lazy I took the car. Her place doesn't have much of a spot for me to park (without backing up) because of all the snow from the past week or so. However there is an incline on the road that leads to her place. Again the lightbulb goes on in my head. This is starting to seem like I shouldn't listen to the little voice anymore. I drive around the block facing up the hill, take the car out of gear and let it roll down the hill gradually picking up spead. I blow through the stop sign and start rolling into the driveway. There is a huge puddle at the top of the driveway full of slush and ice. This puddle sadly slows the car down and I am now in the middle of the driveway. Knowing I can't leave the car here I put the car in gear and pull out. Luckily I am not stuck on the ice in the puddle and park the car on the road.

I go inside to say hello and see if there is anyone there to help me get the car into the driveway. luckily a couple of the kids are home. We all go out to play in the snow. My friend ends up being in the drivers seat and I rhyme off instructions for everyone. Me and the kids push the car but sadly not enough. The car is once again in the puddle. I tell my friend to get out of the car so I can pull it forward to try again. She says she'll do it. At first I think it's not a good idea but think it will be kinda funny so I let her go. My friend looks for the gear shift and becomes suddenly alarmed because the car is a standard instead of automatic. After the slight panic is over, I describe how to put the car into gear an stuff. (foot on clutch, put in gear, ease on gas while easing off clutch) Her first attempt rusulted as follows: (in writing it may not come out as funny as it should)

Me: Ok ease on the gas as you ease off the clutch
Her: Ok....
Car: vvvvrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMM (not moving anywhere)
Me: STTTTOOOOOPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!
Her: what??
Me: you have to ease on the gas .... not floor it

Me: Ok lets try again
Her: Ok....
Car: vvvvrrrrrooooooommmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM (again not moving anywhere)
Me: OMFG GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!!! (OMFG = oh my fucking god)

The car is still in gear when she takes her foot off the gas and then she takes her foot off the clutch. She does this slowly so the car begins to move forward. I begin to laugh as she moves ahead she begins to squeal. The car doesn't like the lack of gas and stalls. After this maybe she figures out how to do it now. If it weren't so cold I'd have her try again but all I want to do is go inside. I get in and pull out of the puddle. She gets back in the car and we push it back into the driveway, this time past the puddle and nearly into the house. Luckily I was right there to ensure we didn't and everything was good. The outcome: a half decent story to tell people and maybe a little education for my friend. I doubt she'll be attempting a standard any time soon lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pointful said...

Damn!
Maybe its a good thing that I have still never learned to drive a standard...

3:33 a.m.

 
Blogger LeeEeeMuR said...

it's not that difficult.. you just need to have some patience and a person that doesn't mind the sound of grinding gears showin ya what to do lol.. my first week was a week of terror but lots of fun lmao

1:58 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com