Don't Laugh It's My Page Of Crap

Send Me Email
Random ramblings of a madman that will "possibly" make yew laff...

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Of all the things to ask on an anonnymous comment I really wouldn't expect a top 10 list of dance songs but I will accomodate. (mostly because I have nothing else to write about) This is a list that I find extremely difficult to come up with because I love a wide range of music. Unfortunately some of my choices will be biased because I tend to forget some of the older songs. (songs over two years old) This being said I know that I have forgotten a couple of really important dance songs from all time so perhaps I'll edit this upon remembering. Without further adieu here is my current list:

1. Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap
Reason: Without a doubt this is my personal all time favourite song to dance too. From the days of the Parish Center dances, this was one of the first songs I just went crazy on the dance floor. Sadly I cannot keep up with my old self to this song anymore.

2. Keep Bouncing - Snoop Dogg
Reason: I'm a huge fan of Snoop Dogg because of the many fantastic beats behind his music but this one just takes it over the top for me. Before it I would still choose a song by Snoop Dogg for number two because there are many of them to choose from.

3. A tie between:
The Way I Are - Timbaland feat Keri Hilson
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake (Crooklyn Clan Remix)
Reason: Last years best dance tracks. Timberland is one of my musical idles because of the excellent remixes he creates. I would love to do what he does musicaly professionally.

4. Bartender - T-Pain (manny faces remix)
Reason: I dont really care for the actual song (original version) to be honest. What I love about this song is the beat that is remixed into this song. I just wish I could remember the name of the original song. (note: thanks to Manny Faces himself the background song is Give me the Night - George Benson. You can check out more of his stuff at: http://www.mannyfaces.com/)

5. Its Like That - Jason Nevins vs Run DMC (special remix with train sound)
Reason: I thank my best dance partner Clare for this one. This will forever be our song lol.

5b. Techno/Trance/House/Electronica/Drum&Bass - Different songs
Reason: First I will explain that there are different variations of this type of music and to name just one song out of the entire genre would be difficult. I like different mixes of these types because of the way the music carries you on the dance floor. This should be combined with number 5 because it's in the same catagory. Some examples of this would be:
The Bomb - The Bucketheads
Cassius 2000 - Cassius
My My My - Armand Van Helden

anything by Daft Punk
I must stress that some of the songs in this genre have a bunch of nonsense within them that make it very unappealing. Because of this I like to mix them with other songs as a compilation removing the garbage to make a decent dance mix.

6. Wouldn't ya know another tie.
Phenomenon - LL Cool J
Baby I got Your Money - ODB
Reason: I'm a huge fan of songs with a loud background bass beat. These two are prime examples of feeling the beat while your dancing. You find yourself lost in it while grinding along.

7. Shyne - Jadakiss feat Snoop Dogg
Reason: One that has quickly grown on me but it probably has more to do with the Snoop Dogg flavour behind the song.

8. You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees
Reason: I dont care what you think of me. Every top 10 dance tune of all time list should include something from the disco era. That song for me has to be by the Bee Gees and the only one to pick would be this one. The staying alive people can just shut up right now because Travolta was correct in choosing this song over the main song for his dance solo.

9. Tease Me - Shaka Demus & the Pliers
Reason: Every list needs to have an old time song. I have fond memories of learning how to do the butterfly in George & Gina's back yard to this song.

10. The Floor - Johnny Gil
Reason:This is another song I take from the Parish Center days. I remember learning how to do some intricate dance steps to this. Maybe they weren't that intricate but it was fun to be in the circle trading moves with everyone else.

So there you have it my top 10. Perhaps the comments section could be used for you all to list your own top 10 and why. Remember just because I've listed these doesn't make it the official list. My top 10 list changes quite frequently because there is always a new song that is phenomenal. Enjoy the dancing people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pointful said...

Any list with both Snoop and the Bee Gees has me hooked.

2:34 p.m.

 
Blogger LeeEeeMuR said...

Can't argue with that!

3:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Bring yourself to the homepage

http://kickme.to/jee


Creater: Joe Earhart
Email: LeeEeeMuR@msn.com